Case Study I – Documentum with SAP Integration
The main objective of the project is to integrate EMC Documentum with SAP to access process documents from SAP to Documentum using ASSAP and CSSAP.
- SAP is used as a Front end to access documents and Documentum will be the backend.
- Required to archive and store documents in Documentum from sap
- Documents metadata should be updated in sap from Documentum
- When the document is opened at sap, it should be fetch from Documentum and displayed at sap end
- Documents which are imported in sap should be automatically processed to Documentum.
- Documents will be in jpeg or pdf formats.
- Archiving services for SAP is used to integrate sap with Documentum. Documents are imported/uploaded to sap, those documents will be archived and stored in Documentum.
- CSSAP (Content Services for SAP) is used to update metadata in sap from Documentum.
- Required configurations are done at SAP end to process documents by running job automatically and manually for multiple and single documents.
Case Study II – Proposal of Documentum Upgradation
The main objective of the upgradation is to improve the performance of the all client applications storage and maintenance and making the process easier than previous process.so that the team members can work with more featured functionalities for better results.
- First of all reducing the number of servers to avoid miscommunication and making the whole
Architecture as simple.
- Installing the test environment similar to production and making sure that all permissions given by the server team similar to administrator.
- Testing all client applications in test environment and bug fixing of all clients
- Checking the compatability of all softwares and making them as compatible.
- Finally upgrading the test environment to proposed target version.
- Repeating the same process in production and increasing no.of threads to improving performance.
- Proposed solution is based on arranging test environment with both documentum and database servers similar to the production server
- Installing the proposed software versions similar to production,Installing all client applications in test servers and checking the performance of clients.
- Testing all clients in all conditions and making sure all are working fine.
- Upgrading the test environment to the proposed target versions, installing the clients by doing appropriate changes and again
test the client applications.
- Raising the proposal for production upgrade by taking down time and repeating the same process in production environment.
Documentum , db2,Aix
Case Study III - Documentum Collaboration
Client is a Real Estate Organization in India.
Businesshave different Locations, each and every location have their own folder structure, Business requires another folder structure in existing folder structure.
Existing documents are not displayed when user performed search operation based on metadata.
Bulk upload of documents, Hundreds of documents needs to be uploaded to different locations along with metadata at a time.
- Implemented DFC script to Generate folder structure automatically in existing folder structure
- Documents are uploaded based on required document type along with metadata
- Employees get Authenticated access to the documents according to accessibility rights
- Jobs are created to automatically upload hundreds of documents at a time
Documentum 6.7 SP1Suite of Products. Microsoft Windows 2008 Server, SQL, Apache Tomcat
Case Study IV - Documentum Implementation
Client is a Real Estate Organization in India.
Implementing an automated solution for Document Storage, archival, retrieval, search (meta data) of documents across various departments.
- Employees get Authenticated access to the documents and folders according to accessibility rights.
- Uploading of documents through custom applications where in the metadata fields will be populated from the folder structure.
- Automatically assigning metadata to common fields for all the documents in a particular folder to minimize the metadata entry.
- E-mail Notifications to the respective users whenever a document has been uploaded in the corresponding folders based on their departments.
- Well defined folder structure for easily accessing documents across various departments.
- Well Designed workflows through which the documents will be routed across different users.
- Classification of documents based on the type of the documents.
- Well defined naming structure for all the objects that are stored in the repository.
- Customized Search applications to easily search for documents based on metadata.
- Auto Number generation for creating Employee IDs for the Human Resource department.
- Validations and custom error messages wherever required.
- Speeding up of document retrieval process.
- Easy accessibility of documents from anywhere and anytime.
- Generating Reports.
Documentum 6.6 SP1Suite of Products, Microsoft Windows 2008 Server, Oracle 11g, Apache Tomcat 6
Case Study V – Proposal Process Automation
The main objective of the automation is to track it the process from the initiation till its closure, to
provide the collaboration feature so that the team members can work on the same set of documents
same time, to have a visual dashboard to get the status of each initiated RFP process.
- All the RFP related data like RFP Number, Title, and Date shall be stored in the SharePoint List.
- All the RFP templates shall be stored in the Document Library. we propose to leverage Document Set to store all the documents related to the RFP, RFP document and all the responses received against the RFP. There will be a single document set for each RFP.
- RFP Creation Form – SharePoint Hosted App will be used to prepare the RFP creation forms. Users can select a RFP template available in the system based on which a new RFP will be created.
- Once template RFP is selected, data for all the sections will be pre populated from the template
- RFP and the data from the form like RFP Number, Title, etc. Shall be populated in the RFP document.
- The team working on the RFP shall be given appropriate rights to access the documents and data.
- Once the RFP creation process is completed, read only access will be available on the RFP documents and data.
- A custom search form would be provided to search the RFP based on the RFP metadata, like the RFP ID, Submission Date, Project Title, Department, etc.
- Users can also search the RFP documents by leveraging the Full text search
- Proposed solution is based on SharePoint Online platform. We assumed that UNDP has the office 365 and SharePoint online subscription.
- Certain features of the website shall be developed using either SharePoint hosted Apps or Provider hosted Apps. UNDP shall provide the required infrastructure and access rights for the App deployments.
- PDF files cannot be generated automatically, a .Net program needs to be developed to generate PDF files once the RPF is approved for publishing.
- Clicking the Merge File button, all the documents will be merged and generates one merge document. .Net program needs to be developed to generate the merge file.
- Few features will be implemented as either SharePoint provided hosted apps needs to be deployed on an Azure server. Thus, a connection to Azure server is required.